Sunday, June 26, 2005

Socialite Part 2

My Parents... in particular my father gave me the discipline to analyse things... to control my emotions and to reason... This was partially indirectly cultivated at home... on one hand, the strictness of my father made me disciplined and a reasoning person. The kindness and gentleness of my mother also made me much of the person i am today. Indirectly... the unreasonable nature of my own father forced me to be conscious of the fact that people have to be pleased and manipulated in subtle ways... well... not manipulated... but rather... compromised with.

Barker... The vibrancy of the culture here is incredible.... we have people from all walks of life... though most of them are rich in one sense or another:P. Most of my friends here enjoy the simple pleasures... or rather... the boyish pleasures... such as gaming, movies, pranks... this was where i developed both my wit and appriciation of the finer arts in life... ACS has this english culture that is hard to find in other schools, mainly because of the type of students we meet here.... From Ben moey to HanYang... Colin to Ben Ho... they are intelligent in their various ways and with such varied company, i found that i absorbed so much... this gave me the basis with which im consistantly building my knowledge upon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home